“Stop! What’s that you have there in deep red? It looks like the kind of cool, utilitarian piece Steve McQueen would reach for right after his leather jacket.”
“It’s from the Elvis and Kresse travel range. They use repurposed fire hose (and repurposed leather workers from luxury houses) to create pretty much indestructible accessories, lined in parachute silk. 50% of profits go straight to the Fire Fighters Charity.”
“Right on! Let’s hit the road with them and hear what goes on.”
Flash Event for Elvis & Kresse’s fire hose washbag on LUX-FIX.com on Thursday at 12 noon.
1. My favourite trip was… a TransAlp mountain bike adventure, starting in Austria and ending in Italy with Elvis and two great friends. We often made two mountain passes in a day, had to eat constantly just to keep going, swam in some incredible mountain lakes and really got to push ourselves.
2. And the worst was… a trade show on the outskirts of Paris, where I thought I finally might see Paris but ended up only seeing the French version of the NEC.
3. Travel essentials include… a passport, running kit and a toothbrush – our overnight bag is more like a weeks holiday bag for me!
4. My favourite travelling companion is… Elvis, but before I met him it was Chloe, they both know how to have a lot of fun and are 1000 times more organised than me.
5. And your favourite UK destination is… the Dorset Coast, where we live, there is still so much of it to explore.
6. Design inspiration comes from… thinking of the things that we need, that we would use everyday, that won’t age, that are timeless.
7. Train, plane, boat, car, bike or foot…. Foot, then bike, then boat, then train, then car, then plane…
8. Finally, on the wish list to visit? My dream trip is a cross country trek, village to village, through Norway.
Images from Elvis & Kresse, Valle d’Aosta Tourism Board, Norweigan Tourism Board.